Ujima Family Recovery Services empowers families to maintain recovery, housing, and wellness.
What We Do
Ujima Family Recovery Services is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to helping families recover from alcoholism, drug addiction and behavioral health problems. Since 1986, Ujima has made a significant contribution towards stopping substance abuse, and empowering mothers and their families to develop life skills to lead healthy productive lives.
Awards and Recognition
- Ujima programs have been designated “Exemplary Perinatal Programs” for the State of California by the Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs
- Contra Costa County Children & Families Policy Forum’s Honor Roll Award
- Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors and the Alcohol and Other Drugs Advisory Board’s “The People Who Make A Difference Award”
- The Recovery Happens Award
- The Governor’s Exemplary Employer Award
- Contra Costa Women’s Commission’s -Women’s Hall of Fame Award for Women Creating Community, awarded to the Executive Director
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – Women’s Addiction Services Leadership Institute recognition awarded to the Executive Director